Tri-C Builds Northeast Ohio Economy with New Graduates from Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program
Alumni look to build on successful track record of previous classes
Thirty-six entrepreneurs from Northeast Ohio and beyond recently took a step toward greater business success by completing the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program at Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®).
Previous small-business owners who graduated from the program have outperformed the broader economy while exceeding national and local averages in revenue growth and job creation.
With the most recent graduating class, the 10,000 Small Businesses (10KSB) alumni list at Tri-C is now approaching 500 since the program debuted at the College in 2012.
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is a $500 million initiative to unlock the growth and job creation potential of small businesses across the United States by providing them with greater access to business education, financial capital and business support services.
Graduates of Tri-C’s 10KSB program represent a variety of industries and businesses. Each spent 14 weeks studying a business and management curriculum designed by Babson College, a top-ranked school for entrepreneurial education.
The most recent class included:
• Alex Aviles of Aviles Construction Co. in Cleveland
• Todd Brahler of Brahler’s Cleaning & Restoration in Massillon
• Flo Brett of Effective Leadership Academy in Warrensville Heights
• Glenn Brzuziewski of Hurricane Labs in Independence
• David Cohen of David R. Cohen Co. in Beachwood
• Jeff Collins of Moving Ahead Services in Willoughby
• Nanette Cox of Plant Masters in Independence
• Josh Demidovich of Central Point Partners in Westerville
• Ben Gertz of J&D Development in Bay Village
• Dave Goerlich of The Refinery in Rocky River
• Al Grajzl of The Jewel House in Parma
• Jeff Hagman of Bright Prosthetics in Warrensville Heights
• Bob Halper of Halper Lighting Solutions in Chagrin Falls
• John Hershey of J. Hershey Architecture in Chagrin Falls
• Adam Hoover of Fine-Line Communications in Twinsburg
• Scott Liff of Kellison & Company in Cleveland
• Tom Lovick of Kaylo Enterprises in Akron
• Linda Machalicek of Dolce Organic Salon in Strongsville
• Rich Machczynski Jr. of Crystal Clear Water in Jefferson
• Eric Malkin of Homewatch CareGivers in Beachwood
• Justin McLoughlin of airCFO in Cleveland
• Julie Miller of Unlimited Vacations & Cruises in Cuyahoga Falls
• Michael Murray of Textbook Painting in Lakewood
• Andrew Rainey of Randy’s Pickles in Cleveland
• Trudy Ramos of Alternalite Electric in North Olmsted
• Rich Rohl of T&G Flying Club and Air Z Flying Service in Richmond Heights
• Peggy Russell of Russell Products in Akron
• Tom Ryan of Ryan Attorneys in Cleveland
• Paul Rybak of My Pizzetta in North Royalton
• Gareth Schuld of Gareth’s Tree Service in Geneva
• Matt Siebert of CertaPro Painters in Westlake
• April Smith of Salon Glow in Mentor
• Bobby Thompson of Kish Heating & Cooling in Painesville
• Ethan Whitaker of Whitaker Networks in Fairlawn
• Adam Wright of Restore Cold Pressed in Cleveland
• Jackie Young of Jackie Renee Salon in Akron
For more information on 10,000 Small Businesses, visit www.tri-c.edu/10ksb or call 216-987-3220. Applications are being accepted for the next session beginning in September and are due by June 20.
May 01, 2017
John Horton, 216-987-4281 firstname.lastname@example.org