|Student Employment is an important source of financial aid for students. At Cuyahoga Community College, the Work-Study Program provides meaningful work experiences that develop desired attitudes and habits through varied job experiences resulting in self-confidence and self-sufficiency. The work experience is intended to compliment the students’ educational process and to enhance future employment.
What is a federal work-study job?
Whenever possible the work experience is related to the students’ educational program and career objectives. Student employment not only accommodates students’ needs, but also provides services necessary to the daily operation of the College.
The Work- Study Program provides employment opportunities on campus and at approved off-site locations. Work Study employment is federally funded and part of your financial aid package. You can review your award through your My Tri-C Space to determine if you are eligible, or contact the Student Financial Aid & Scholarships Office. Work-Study is awarded on a first come first served basis, and you can earn up to $6,000.00. A Work-Study award is NOT a guarantee of employment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT EMPLOYMENT
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov.
- Confirm award through My Tri-C Space or contact the Student Financial Aid & Scholarships Office.
- Enroll in at least six (6) credits per semester during fall and spring. Students may work during summer semester even if not enrolled in classes.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Pass an approved drug screening and background check.
- Attend mandatory New Student Employee Orientation
APPLYING FOR JOBS
- Go online to view job postings.
- Under Job Category, specify Work Study Student.
- Complete student employment application for the job of interest.
- You will be contacted by the departments’ supervisor for hiring process.
Click here to checkout Work Study FAQ's.
Cuyahoga Community College is not responsible for the safety and working conditions of any non-campus employment postings listed on this website. It is the students’ responsibility to research the integrity of the jobs posted. Students are advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with a non-college company or organization. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment opportunity institution.