Health Information Technology
The U.S. health care system is undergoing changes to achieve the vision of better health care at lower cost. This requires new competencies for the effective use of electronic information by individuals and organizations in the health care environment who have an understanding of effective implementation of technology systems and other tools that will improve the quality, coordination and efficiency of health care.
Corporate College offers courses designed to train a workforce of healthcare IT specialists who will be ready to implement, manage, and analyze electronic health records to improve health care quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness.
All HIT courses require a subscription to Neehr Perfect Lab Simulation, cost of subscription is not included in registration fee.
Health IT Course Options:
- ZHIT-1008: Health Care and Health Information Technology
- ZHIT-1009: Health Information and Computer Science in the U.S.
- ZHIT-1010: Effective Communication in the Health Care Environment
- ZHIT-1011: Health Management Information Systems and Quality Improvements
- ZHIT-1012: Working with Health IT Systems
- ZHIT-1013: Installation and Maintenance of Health IT Systems and Configuring EHRs
- ZHIT-1014: Public Health, Networking and Health Information Exchange
- ZHIT-1015: Fundamentals of Health Workflow Process Analysis and Redesign
- ZHIT-1016: Usability and Human Factors
- ZHIT-1017: Planning, Leadership, Professionalism, and Project Management
- ZHIT-1019: Health IT CAHIMS Exam Prep