Setting Goals & Reviewing Results
- People are more engaged and strive for better results when they feel ownership of their work in both the process and the outcomes. Unfortunately, leaders fail to engage and reinforce this sense of ownership in performance management discussions. This course led by our Master DDI Facilitator will show the positive effect of shifting the traditional role of planner and evaluator from the leader to a shared responsibility between leader and employee. This shift builds ownership with the employee and frees up time for leaders to focus on coaching and developing throughout the performance cycle. Leaders will experience how to use effective (SMART) goals to help them and their employees track progress and fairly evaluate outcomes.
- ZLDR-1266: Communicating for Leadership Success (Online)
- Pre-requisite: Communicating for Leadership Success (offered online)
We suggest taking this course with Understanding Metrics
- Learning Outcomes
- Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Ensure direct reports take a more active role in managing their performance.
- Manage performance on an ongoing basis while working within the organization’s time parameters for goal setting and performance reviews.
- Provide the ongoing coaching and feedback your direct reports need to achieve their goals.
- Increase your direct reports’ confidence and commitment to their own success.
- Subject Code
- Course Number