PMI® Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®)
The Certificate in Applied Project Management program is a hands-on program that is aligned with the Project Management Institute's (PMI) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). This program is designed to help the student understand and pull together all the knowledge areas and processes of project management necessary to plan and execute, control and close successful projects whether those projects are in construction, information technology, marketing, or any other field.
If you are new to Project Management, train and earn your PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®. The CAPM certification is designed as an entry-level certification for project managers with little or no experience.
To sit for the exam, you need to be a member of the Project Management Institute and have:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1500 hours of experience OR 23 hours of Project Management Training.
With completion of this course you will have fulfilled the CAPM® Exam prerequisite of 23 hours of project management education, and received additional contact hours designed to guide in exam preparation.
- The CAPM® exam is not included in this course. It is a separate process that must be executed through the PMI membership and web site.
- Learning Outcomes
- Define the basics of a project and identify its goals and objectives
- Determine project parameters that impact business needs and organizational requirements
- Use professional project management tools to properly plan a project and its phases through estimates, assessments, analysis, and scheduling
- Learn management and human resources skills that ensures proper execution of project tasks and activities
- Learn techniques that ensure quality control and quality assurance of project deliverables
- Learn basic presentation skills and deliver an effective project plan as a course requirement
- Identify PMIs- CAPM® exam philosophy and summarize the requirements necessary for successful completion of the exam and ultimate certification.
- Subject Code
- Course Number