Fitness Testing and Training Center
Cuyahoga Community College’s Fitness Testing and Training Center is an educational facility where students provide personal training sessions - at a low cost - under the supervision of certified instructors. BodPod assessments are also available (Eastern Campus location only). The center is located at the Eastern Campus in the Student Services building (room 2511) and at the Western Campus in the Health Careers and Sciences building (A 139). The general public and Tri-C staff, faculty, and students are invited to participate in the students' classroom learning experience.
BodPod (Eastern Campus Location only)
The BodPod uses whole-body densitometry to determine body composition (fat and fat-free mass) in adults and children, and can accommodate a wide range of populations. The BodPod provides the following measurements:
- Body fat Percentage
- Accurate assessment of body composition body fat percentage enables sensible decisions regarding nutrition and exercise programs.
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
- Represents the minimum energy your body needs to support its basic functions, including heartbeat, breathing, maintaining body temperature, and all of the numerous biochemical reactions required to keep you alive. In essence, it is the amount of energy that the body uses at rest.
- Total Energy Expenditure (TEE)
- Consists of three components: RMR, Physical Activity, and Thermic Effect of Food.
Why do I need to know my RMR and TEE?
- Weight management depends upon the energy balance equation: the amount of energy you put into your body (your caloric intake) versus the amount of energy you expend (your TEE). The best way to lose body fat is to maintain a negative energy balance.
Cost (Prepay Online):
General Public: $25
Tri-C Faculty/Staff: $20
Tri-C Students/Tri-C Alumni: $15
At the Door Cost:
In order to receive a BodPod test you must follow these steps:
1. Schedule your BodPod test.
2. Pay for your BodPod test before your appointment*
*Use the Password: Bodpod to gain access to this website
3. Make sure you read the BodPod instructions (found in the upper right corner of this webpage)
Personal Training Packages
Personal Training has something to offer everyone whether you are a rookie to the gym, an experienced exerciser or just need someone to help you create an exercise routine. Your student trainer will assist you with motivation, challenge, change, safety and accountability as well as get answers to any other wellness related questions you may have. Once you have determined your fitness goals, your student trainer will create an exercise program specifically for you and will help you stay on track.
Personal Training Packages
Personal Training will resume February 2018.
$50 for 5 weeks (Eastern Campus)
$80 for 8 weeks (Western Campus)