Capture new memories with these classes, designed around the DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) or mirrorless camera and lenses. Whether a beginner or more advanced, we have a class to help sharpen your skills and bring your photos into focus.
There are four Digital Photography starter classes. Each class is three hours long, for the best results the classes should be taken in succession. The fee is $49.95 per class. Bring your camera to class.
- Digital Photography, Intro Class I, you will learn the DSLR camera and lenses, controls and functions, basic parts, settings and proper handling of the camera
- Digital Photography, Class II, you will understand how to use aperture to control exposure, how to use shutter speed, ISO settings, and how to use camera's meter to shoot difficult shots
- Digital Photography, Class III, you will learn aesthetics of an image, how to read a histogram, digital workflow, file storage, lenses and perspective, depth and balance in composition
- Digital Photography, Class IV, you will learn shooting when the lights are out, indoor lowlight, outdoor night photography and sports. Photographing sunrise, sunset, street carnivals, neon, stage and theatre performance, experiment with the moon, lightening and fireworks
We also offer additional advanced Digital Photography classes:
Adobe Lightroom for Photographers
This course is geared toward beginning users of Adobe Lightroom CC. Students must bring a laptop with Adobe Lightroom installed in addition to a flash drive or SD/SDHC memory card with at least 10 photos on it for import into Lightroom.
Digital Photography: Photoshop - Post-Production and Editing Your Photos
In this series of four two-hour classes, you will learn how to take your digital photos to the highest level of creativity and completeness.
- Improving, correcting and retouching photos
- The Photoshop workspace and tools
- File types and opening files
- Working in layers
- Working with adjustment layers
- Selections and masks
- Filters and composites
- Finishing and Saving Files
Digital Photography: Sports Photography
This course covers all aspects of photographing school and amateur sports such as football, baseball, softball, basketball, volleyball, hockey, tennis, wrestling, track and field, swimming, lacrosse, marching band and baton. Indoor, outdoor, day and night procedures will be covered. It is recommended that participants have a digital single lens reflex (DSLR) or mirrorless camera and an understanding of aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
Register online or call 216-987-3075, option 1.
View Course Schedule and Register:
- ZREC-1287: Adobe Lightroom for Photographers
- ZREC-1106: Digital Photography Course I: Intro to DSLR Camera - Lens, Controls, Settings and More
- ZREC-1080: Digital Photography Course II: Composition, ISO, Shutter Speed and More
- ZREC-1097: Digital Photography Course III: Imaging, Aperture and More
- ZREC-1079: Digital Photography Course IV: The Lowlight Class - Shooting When the Lights are Out With No Flash!
- ZREC-1105: Digital Photography: Photoshop - Post-Production and Editing Your Photos
- ZREC-1272: Digital Photography: Sports Photography