Information Session FAQs
What is an information session?
This is an opportunity for employers to formally schedule time to meet with a group of students targeted for your job openings. Employers can request to meet with a specific major, student club, campus location, alumni, and degree program.
Employers provide students with an overview of the organization, interview/selection process, job opportunities, employee benefits, and opportunities for advancement. You are welcome to provide students with a light snack and refreshments during the presentation.
Typically an employer information session takes place during the lunch hour (Noon – 1 PM) or during the break between afternoon and evening classes (4:00 – 5:00 PM) to optimize participation.
Employer Information Best Practices: (Prior to the Information Session)
- Post jobs on The Career Center’s website: www.collegecentral.com/tri-c
- Search the resume database and invite students to attend the employer information session.
- Order food/beverages from Aramark: https://portal.tri-c.edu/campusdining (optional).
- Schedule and on-campus interview day (optional).
Employer Information Best Practices: (The Day of Information Session)
- Bring promotional material/flyers describing the organization
- Provide a copy of job descriptions