Cooperative Education (co-op) is a structured educational strategy integrating academic studies with learning through productive work experiences in a field related to the student’s academic or career goals. It provides progressive experiences in integrating theory and practice.
Our co-op program currently includes the following areas:
- Business Administration (Human Resources, Accounting/Finance, Sales/Marketing, Small Business, International Business)
- Information Technology (Computer Networking Hardware/Software, Programming & Development and Administrative Office Systems)
- Hospitality Management (Culinary Arts, Lodging/Tourism, Restaurant/Food Service Management)
- Creative Arts (Visual Communication & Design and Recording Arts)
- Engineering (Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical, Manufacturing Industrial, and Construction)
Note: Additional programs may be available at a later date.
An Internship is an experience referring to a partnership between students, institutions of higher education and employers that integrates academic study with work experience. Internships are of a specific and definite duration that also provides a student the opportunity to explore areas of interest. Internships are currently non-credit courses.
To inquire regarding paid or unpaid internship opportunities, please contact your Employer Relations Specialist, and post the internship on our job board at College Central Network.
Tri-C has a strong relationship with Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education (NOCHE) and encourages employers to attend Maximizing Your ROI: Return on Intern, a workshop designed to help employers who are interested in starting or enhancing their internship/co-op program. We often collaborate and offer these workshops on campus. For more information about these workshops please visit: www.noche.org.
Employer resources regarding internship and co-op pay rates: