Making Westshore Exceptional
Making Westshore Exceptional is a series of opportunities for students to provide feedback about their overall experience as a Westshore Campus student. Student feedback is utilized to impact change on campus in an effort to provide an excellent student experience. Making Westshore Exceptional comment cards and online comment forms are available throughout the semester. Additional opportunities vary.
Online Comment Form Disclaimer: This form is intended to collect questions and comments to improve the student experience at the Westshore Campus. The College maintains formal procedures to address student complaints, Grade Grievances, Title IX (sexual assault, harassment, stalking, and abuse), outlined in the Student Handbook. If you are a student seeking resolution for a formal complaint, please visit www.tri-c.edu/concerns to begin the appropriate process to communicate your concern.
Quick Notes from Previous Events
The following items were brought to the attention of Westshore Campus leadership and were addressed during previous Making Westshore Exceptional events.
- Student Perks - Students can find information on a number of "student perks" by visiting My Tri-C Card Discounts.
- Java City Friday Availability - Students expressed the need for Java City to remain open on Fridays for students taking classes and working on campus.
- Bookstore Prices (non-texts) - Students expressed the need for reasonably priced, non-text items in the bookstore including pens, pencils, notebooks, and bookbags.
- Printing Allotment - Joint Student Council is conducting a reserach project to assess the need for additional paper allotments for students.
- Financial Aid Policies - It is important to be familiar with Tri-C's Financial Aid Policies in order to understand how proceses occur.
- Scholarship Eligibility - In order to be eligible for Tri-C scholarships, students must complete the FAFSA.
- Counseling Walk-in Hours - Counseling walk-in hours are specifically designed for quick questions. More in-depth conversations should occur during appointments. Appointments at Westshore Campus can be scheduled by contacting 216-987-5938.
- Correct Majors - Students are encouraged to check their listed major in My Tri-C Sapce using the Degree Audit feature in order to ensure accurate information from Counseling.
- Food Options - Additional food options will be available in the Westshore Campus expansion at the Clemens Road location, set to open in fall 2019.
- Quiet Study Spaces - Students desiring a quiet study space at the Health Careers and Sciences Building can ask a Security Officer if classrooms are available for use.
- Getting Involved - Students looking to get involved on campus can find a number of opporutinites on the Westshore Campus Student Engagement webpage.
- Campus Alert System - Students can stay updated on campus closures by signing up for Tri-C Alerts in My Tri-C Space.