Achieving the Dream
Achieving the Dream is a multi-year national initiative dedicated to improving the success of community college students. Of particular interest are students traditionally faced with a number of significant barriers, such as students of color and low income students. Nationally, there are 102 Achieving the Dream colleges and 22 Leader Colleges.
As an Achieving the Dream Leader College, Cuyahoga Community College has committed to increasing the percentages of students who:
- Complete Developmental Education courses and move onto college level courses
- Enroll in and complete Gatekeeper courses
- Complete courses with a grade of “C” or better
- Re-enroll from one semester to the next
- Earn certificates or degrees