Players Sign Letters-of-Intent to Tri-C Women's Basketball Team
April 30, 2014
A half-dozen Northeast Ohio high school basketball players have signed letters-of-intent to play for the women’s team at Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) in the 2014-2015 season.
Pursuing future academic and athletic success at Tri-C will be:
• Toshia Duncan, a guard from Cleveland’s Rhodes High School
• Keri Hill, a center from Strongsville High School
• Whiaunna Jeffries, a guard from Akron’s Kenmore High School
• Danielle Smith, a guard from Cleveland’s East Technical High School
• Brianna Sojourner, a guard from Akron’s Ellet High School
• Destini Turner, a small forward/guard from Akron’s Firestone High School
“These young ladies will make Cuyahoga Community College proud both in the classroom and on the court,” said head coach Derrick Williams, who just completed his eighth season leading the Challengers.
The new group joins four players returning from last season’s team, which went 4-17. The Challengers play their home games at Tri-C’s Eastern Campus in Highland Hills.