Bill funds Tri-C Projects, Partnerships
April 07, 2014
Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed a capital bill April 1 that will allocate $11.6 million to Cuyahoga Community College.
The bulk of the money – $7 million – will be used for structural concrete repairs.
The remainder breaks down like this:
• Roof repair and replacement, $2.9 million
• Workforce and Economic Development Division renovations, $1.7 million
An additional $5 million is allocated to fund community partnerships. Tri-C will enter into joint-use agreements with the following institutions and act as fiscal agent for the funds.
• Cleveland Institute of Art Campus Unification Project, $1 million
• Cleveland Museum of Art, $2 million
• PlayhouseSquare, $1.5 million
• St. Vincent Charity Medical Center, Geriatric Behavioral Health Projects, $500,000
Tri-C collects a 1.5 percent fee for acting as fiscal agent for its community partners.
The bill allocates nearly $2.4 billion in total, much of it going to maintenance and construction of public buildings, including public colleges and universities.