A co-op opportunity gives students an edge by providing them with hands-on learning experience through job assignments related to their field. Not only is a job assignment vital to a student’s marketability, but it allows you to use what is learned in the classroom. Real world experience provides insight to career paths and job opportunities. In addition to being compensated, as in a regular work assignment, the student can earn one college credit for each 180 hours worked, up to three credits per semester.
- Currently enrolled at Cuyahoga Community College
- Completed 12 credit hours of college coursework (includes transfer credits) with at least two courses related to your major field
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Complete the "Co-op Student Application of Interest" form and submit to the Career Center (a career services representative will contact you.)
- Participate in the co-op orientation process through the Career Center
- Upload your resume for final revisions and approval by a Career Coach at College Central Network
- Complete and sign a "Cooperative Education Agreement" form